Medical Tourism has been increasing for years, according to a report by VISA and Oxford Economics. Only a few years ago, Medical Tourism was a blip in the overall global tourism spending. Today, it is a multi-billion dollar industry that is expected to grow by up to 25 percent per year over the next ten years.
There are different reasons for people to travel for medical reasons:
- Higher quality in care and services
- Reduced costs of cross-border medical treatment
- Medical treatment combined with attractive destinations
- Treatments and medications not approved or available in the home country
Medical & Health Tourism Pavilion
Since 2016, ITB Berlin is presenting the well established Medical & Health Tourism Pavilion, which will host medical tourism suppliers, clinics, hospitals, hotels and destinations presenting their products and services in this booming market. Buyers and agencies are in the focus to visit the pavilion with a special buyer program, the day before ITB Berlin.
The adjacent Medical Educational Hub which is part of the official ITB Convention will invite trade visitors to follow presentations, expert interviews and panel discussions to find out more about the latest trends and developments in the global Medical tourism market.
During the always well-attended Medical Media Get-Together journalists and editors will have the chance to get in touch with Medical tourism exhibitors for first-hand information.
Beside several networking opportunities, the ITB Medical Night is a very special event downtown Berlin for great networking in a relaxing atmosphere. The ITB Medical Award will be presented that evening.
The Medical Tourism Partnership packages offer different levels of marketing and sponsor opportunities with the other participation options.
For the ITB BERLIN 2024 there are the following participation options in the Medical Tourism Pavilion:
- Medical & Health Tourism Stage
- Medical & Health Tourism Presentation Slot
- Medical & Health Media Lunch
- Medical & Health Tourism Partnerships
- Medical & Health ITB Night
- Medical Buyers Lounge
- Medical & Health Podcast Media Lounge
- Medical & Health Café Lounge
- Medical & Health Turnkey-Stand Package
Please contact Tom Dedek for any more information & registration: TD@diversitytourism.com